Sunday, February 7, 2010

Doctor Visit and Baby Blessing



Tests
Bruce had tests this week, which meant he didn't have any classes, but still spent quite a bit of time on school work. He thinks he did well on his tests but he won't have results for another week or so.

I also took a test this week and I also think I did well but results will not confirm or reject that hypothesis for a few days.

Research
I've been preparing a scientific poster to present at a research conference February 26th at Southern Utah University. It's coming along well and I've had to confront some of the weaknesses of my research. Both are important parts of the process.

Hailey sleeping
Check-up
Hailey had her 2 month check up, and unlike Sarah's baby Alayna, Hailey isn't freakishly big (I'm sure she'll make up for it later in life). She's about the 50th percentile in both height and weight with a slightly faster rate of growth in height than weight. The doctor recommended all kinds of supplements for both Hailey and me including, but not limited to DHA, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and a general prenatal supplement. I have mixed feelings on the recommendations. I've read the literature, I know what the substances do in the body and how they influence development and I want to do what's best for Hailey, but by the time I supplement myself on her behalf, and her, what's the point of eating. Not to mention that the amount that comes out in urine makes the extra $40 a month hard to justify. "Sigh" Oh, the great decision of life. :)

Baby Blessing
Hailey was blessed in church today. She wore a beautiful dress my Mom made for her and we wrapped her in the beautiful blanket that my Mom also made for her. Thanks Grandma Waite!
Mom & Dad with Hailey

Everyone who came to the blessing: Buss family, Brockbanks, Sommerfeldts

No comments: