Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hailey's Birth

I went ot the midwife for a routine visit at 40 weeks and they referred me to the hospital for a routine fetal non-stress test to confirm that baby was healthy and well. The test showed some abnormal heart beat patterns, which the doctor said was probably nothing, but just to be safe, they would induce me. So we rode the scooter back to our apartment, packed our bags, got in the car, and drove to the hospital. They began the induction around 1 pm (after a small annoyance that we were not preregistered at the hospital). Bruce and I impatiently passed the time with TV and card games, until the contractions started. I had considered birthing without pain medicine, but hadn't done anything to prepare, and after the pitocin kicked in and contractions started, I opted for the epidural. All went well thereafter.

Mom's plane arrived early the next day and a family friend picked her up from the airport. She stayed in the hospital with us for a few hours until I was cleared to go home.

Haiely

No comments: