Sunday, November 8, 2009

Baby Name

Opal's Crib

Congrats to Sarah on delivering this morning!

This last week was test week for Bruce which means he doesn’t have class but he takes a test on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It’s nice because his schedule is more flexible, but also means lots of tests for him. Overall he reports they went well. Scores won't be available for a few weeks.

Our week was generally uneventful.

Monday and Wednesday Bruce and I both had tests.

Tuesday we studied most of the day with a break for devotional. I had a midwife appointment. She said I'm getting fatter and everything looks normal. We went to Home Depot, maybe our favorite store, and bought the part to finish the crib (actually, we bought the metal piece that is used on the corner of drywall and pounded it into the crib). The piece works great and when it was assembled we put all the bedding on the crib. It is darling. Bruce bought a whiteboard last weekend and we cut the board to fit in the office. We also cut a board for the kitchen. I'm going to make the board in the kitchen cute with ribbon or something.

Wednesday night I used the dehydrator Bruce got for my birthday to dry some mangoes. They turned our good, but I should have taken them out an hour or two earlier so they would be a touch softer.

Thursday we studied most of the day again. Bruce had a volleyball game. He's playing on a co-ed team with people from the ward and enjoys it. I played with a 2 year-old little girl in the ward while her parents played volleyball and was reminded that toddlers are way cooler than babies. :)

Friday Bruce took a test, I went to class and worked on my research project. We went to the temple, had dinner, and went to JoAnn's Fabric store to spend my birthday money from Mom. I was going to get a rotary cutter and board but had a moment of indecision because I'm not sure if I'll use it enough to justify the purchase. But, I got some thread, pins, and a corner rounder for scrapbooking and when I make a decision I'll finish the spending.

Saturday I had a baby shower with Bruce's relatives and a few of my friends. Opal got some cute clothes and a few toys, and I really enjoyed the event. Bruce cleaned the whole apartment and the car, and exchanged my BYU sweatshirt at the bookstore while I was gone. He's wonderful. He watched the BYU game while I wrote Thank You notes. (Bruce would like me to note that BYU won 52-0 against Wyoming). That night we walked to the local park to watch the stars and burn old checkbooks. As you might guess, one of those activities was more fun than the other.


Hailey Elizabeth Sommerfeldt

We officially announced that we'll call the baby Hailey when she is born. Please continue to refer to her as Opal until then. Just kidding, call her whatever you want. I reckon she'll be stuck with Opal forever, even if she has another name. On that note, Bruce and I decided that we are ready for Hailey to be born. She's been cookin' for a while and we reckon she would probably like living with us, not just in me, and I've heard you have a lot of control over those sort of things.

No comments: